Friday, January 20, 2012

When it rains, it pours..

    The past couple of days we have been experiencing some ridiculous weather in my home town! It's one of the worst floods we've had in this area in a long time. Luckily, my home hasn't been in any trouble. We had some flooding in our front yard and I couldn't make it to my car one of the days, but so far still manageable.
    Because of the terrible Oregon weather, I have brought out the rain coats! Biggie and Ollie are definitely not very pleased. Well, I guess Ollie doesn't mind, but Biggie hates me now!
Biggie's approach to dealing with his outfit is to hide under the bed and make faces at me. 
 I have to say, he sure knows how to make someone feel guilty with that face!
Eventually, I was able to lure him out with some treats, but no way was he going to pose for me!
Ollie loves his coat, and he loves to model :)

   So, needless to say, Biggie makes me feel guilty every time he has to wear something outside. He hates getting wet, and hates wearing his coat.. Go figure.

Now, a peek at what we're going through.
It doesn't look too bad if you don't know the area, but notice the tips of the trees sticking out of the water. I would say that little stream is about 6-8 feet higher than it usually is. 

Another flooded stream going up into the fields. 
 This is another field. Not good!
This photo was not taken by me, but this is an aerial view of around the same area. 
 
   Looks like we'll be staying inside as much as possible for a while! I hope you're all safe, warm and dry. Maybe I can use this time inside to get caught up on some of my craft projects! Yay!
 
 
I hope you all have a great weekend!
-Angie, Biggie and Ollie

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that sure was a lot of rain for you all. We are glad that you are all ok and were ready with your raincoats on. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete